In my quest to look for low carb/healthier cookies I came across these. I must say they turned out pretty good! I have enjoyed eating them. These were also fairly simple to make.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of non sweet shredded coconut
- In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Remove the oil from the burner.
- Next whisk in the almond butter, honey, cocoa powder, and the vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Then add in the coconut.
- Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm. I used my cookie scooper to drop the cookies onto the wax paper.