The recipe for these cookies is located on the back of the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of sweetened grated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups of coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and the sugars until fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Next beat in the egg and vanilla.
- On low speed add in the baking soda, salt, and then the flour.Mix completely.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, pecans, and Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of dough for large cookies or 1 tablespoon of dough for small cookies.
- Place the round balls on lightly greased cookie sheets two inches apart.
- Press lightly. Sprinkle some of the remaining chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes for the large cookies. Bake 12-15 minutes for the small cookies.
- Do not over bake. They get crunchy on the outside, but remain soft on the inside. Remove from the cookie sheet and let cool.