This recipe is located on page 26 of the Fall 2008 issue of Cooking for Two. It can also be found here.
The original version uses reduced sodium and sugar ingredients. I used regular versions of the broth, preserves, and soy sauce.
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 package of thin sliced chicken breasts.
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- Combine the broth, preserves, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with the oil. Brown the chicken on both sides in the skillet.
- Next pour in the broth mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover the pan.
- Simmer for about 8-12 minutes.