This recipe was in the Fall 2008 issue of Cooking for 2 on page 62. It is also located here http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Asian-Beef-Strips. I made some changes to the original recipe.
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sugar, apple juice, garlic powder, oil and pepper.
- Add the beef. Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- Put the beef in a glass baking pan and bake until cooked through 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat.