I found this recipe in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking December 2011/January 2012 on page 49. It can also be found here.
I once tried BBQ chicken pizza years ago at a friend's house and fell in love with it. This recipe was very good. I will be making it again!
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) of refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup of honey barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
I did not use the cilantro as I forgot to buy it.I used a very small amount of the red onion. I did not add any Italian seasoning. I felt that this was very stuffed with chicken, so the next time that I make it I will probably use about a cup full.
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza crust into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
2. Brush the crust with the barbecue sauce.
3. Layer the crust with cheese, chicken, onion, cilantro and Italian seasoning.
4. Roll up the pizza crust jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
5. Then pinch the seams to seal.
6. Place the crust seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray
7. Beat the egg white and water.
8. Brush the egg white/water over the top of the crust.
9. Sprinkle the crust with the garlic powder.
10. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.