Article: Baked Ziti
Categories: Main Entree
Description: An easy meal that can feed a large family
place each of the slices of garlic bread on top of the pasta.
bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 1 package of sweet italian sausage, cooked according to the package directions. then sliced into coins
- 8 oz of penne or rigatoni pasta cooked according to directions
- 1 26 oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 3.4 cup of water
- 1 tsp of dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1 10 oz package of frozen garlic bread such as texas toast that is already pre-sliced
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
in a large bowl, mix the cooked sausage, cooked pasta, spaghetti sauce, water, basil, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and pepper.
place the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
dip the sliced tomatoes into the olive oil and place on top of each slice of bread.
cover with the mozzarella cheese.