Article: Baked Ziti
Categories: Main Entree
Description: An easy meal that can feed a large family
- 1 package of sweet italian sausage, cooked according to the package directions. then sliced into coins
- 8 oz of penne or rigatoni pasta cooked according to directions
- 1 26 oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 3.4 cup of water
- 1 tsp of dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1 10 oz package of frozen garlic bread such as texas toast that is already pre-sliced
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
in a large bowl, mix the cooked sausage, cooked pasta, spaghetti sauce, water, basil, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and pepper.
place the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
dip the sliced tomatoes into the olive oil and place on top of each slice of bread.ingredients
preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
cover with the mozzarella cheese.
place each of the slices of garlic bread on top of the pasta.
bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.