This recipe comes from the FoodNetwork. I have altered it slightly
- olive oil to coat frying pan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan
- 1 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a frying pan with olive oil heat over medium high heat.
- Put in the sausage.
- Use a spoon to break the sausage into small pieces.
- Cook for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a salted pot of water to a boil.
- Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and allow to cool.
- Place the sausage in a bowl.
- Next add in the garlic powder, cheeses, and pasta. Mix well.
- Roll out one pastry sheet on a floured surface so that it measures about 13 1/2 inch square.
- Place it in a 9 inch springform pan. Allow the extra pastry to hang over the pan.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into the pan.
- Next place the second pastry sheet on top.
- Then trim the overhanging pastry edges to about 1 inch.
- Fold the pastry edges to form a border.
- Cut a slit in the center of the pastry.
- Bake until the pastry is brown and puffed. About one hour.
- Remove the side of the pan to serve.