Article: Baked Angel Hair
Categories: Main Entree
Description: A new way to eat pasta
Text: this recipe comes from the foodnetwork
. i have altered it slightlydirections
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- coat a frying pan with olive oil heat over medium high heat.
- put in the sausage.
- use a spoon to break the sausage into small pieces.
- cook for about 8 minutes.
- meanwhile bring a salted pot of water to a boil.
- add the angel hair pasta and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- drain the pasta and allow to cool.
- place the sausage in a bowl.
- next add in the garlic powder, cheeses, and pasta. mix well.
- roll out one pastry sheet on a floured surface so that it measures about 13 1/2 inch square.
- place it in a 9 inch springform pan. allow the extra pastry to hang over the pan.
- spoon the pasta mixture into the pan.
- next place the second pastry sheet on top.
- then trim the overhanging pastry edges to about 1 inch.
- fold the pastry edges to form a border.
- cut a slit in the center of the pastry.
- bake until the pastry is brown and puffed. about one hour.
- remove the side of the pan to serve.
- olive oil to coat frying pan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package hot italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
Relevant Website: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31052,00.html