I thought that this sauce might not be very tasty, but it really is perfect with the chicken! I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Simple & Delicious June 2009 issue on page 28. It can also be found here.
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of skinless boneless chicken breasts (I used ones that were already cut like chicken tenders)
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- Combine the almonds and flour in a small bowl.
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs.
- If your chicken is not already flattened - flatten it to 1/4 in thickness.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs. Then coat it with the almonds and flour.
- Cook the chicken in a large skillet coated with the canola oil over medium heat.
- The chicken should cook 4-8 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepan combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, and brown sugar until it is smooth.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Serve the sauce with the chicken.