I had three really ripe bananas that I wanted to use and this recipe used 3 bananas. This was really really yummy. I think over a few days I basically ate the whole loaf myself!
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs that are lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter that has been melted and cooled
- 3 ripe large bananas that have been mashed well (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with butter and flour.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Next in a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas,eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it is combined. The batter should be thick and chunky. (Do not over mix the batter.)
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake the bread until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Place the bread on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan.