This recipe was in Spring 2009 issue of Cooking for Two on page 7. It is also located here http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Bavarian-Pot-Roast-4.aspx
I have made changes so if you want the original recipe check the link above.
- 1 boneless bottom round roast
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- a dash of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces
- A 1 pound bag of mini cut/peeled carrots
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of water
- Use a large skillet coated with cooking spray to brown the roast on all sides. Drain.
- Transfer the roast to a crock pot.
- Put the carrots and potatoes on top of the roast.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion powder, vinegar, ground ginger, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour this mixture over the meat and veggies in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until it is smooth. Pour this into the crock pot when there is an hour left for the roast to cook. Mix well into the juices.