This recipe can be found here. It is also located on page 57 of the July/August 2008 issue of Taste of Home Simple and Delicious.
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) of pumpernickel bread
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) of sharp American cheese spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup of real bacon bits (I did not use these)
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread.
- Carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell.
- Cube the removed bread and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese spread and cream cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in the beer. Microwave, uncovered, 20 seconds longer. Stir in bacon.
- Fill bread shell with cheese dip. Serve with reserved bread cubes.