Article: Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Categories: Cookies | Christmas
Description: The name says it all!
my picture does not do these cookies justice. they are very big and oh so good. i could not even wait to eat one! someone stop me from eating the rest! these are so easy and so good. sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. set aside for use later. in a bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until it is well mixed.
grease the cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper. i used parchment paper.
stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees f.
- cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. mix in the flour mixture until just blended.
i found this recipe because it was posted on the what's cooking? board on the nest. it was in this blog http://cookingthisandthat.blogspot.com/
Relevant Website: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Big-Fat-Chewy-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie/Detail.aspx
- anonymous : I am so glad you made this! I love them (obviously). I have had your blog on my reader for awhile - I love it!
Colleen @ cookingthisandthat.blogspot.com