I came across this recipe on Pinterest. http://www.spicytasty.com/featured/blueberry-scones-with-vanilla-glaze/
I love tea time and my scones. I have drank tea every morning since I was a little girl. I would have tea, toast, and eggs thanks to my wonderful mother who would make it for me every morning. In 1998 I was able to student teach in England and went to my very first afternoon tea. Since moving to Florida I love trying out new tea rooms. I had to try this recipe as I love blueberries. I thought this was a pretty decent scone. Bring on the Devonshire Cream!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Then add the softened butter and mix well.
- Next whisk the egg with the heavy cream and add it to the flour mixture. Gently blend it together to make a dough.
- Fold in the blueberries and be careful to not break them.
- Put some flour on a baking sheet. Put the dough on it and flatten into a large square.
- Cut the dough into a four quadrant. Then cut again diagonally.
- Transfer each scone onto another baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the glaze put the powdered sugar in a bowl and add in the milk and vanilla.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the scones and enjoy with Devonshire Cream!