This recipe is from Kraft http://kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=108621
Prep 10 minutes
Total 40 minutes
- 1/ cup Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb)
- 2 large red peppers chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ** I used a dash of garlic powder instead
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) pasta-style or Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained ** I used Del Monte diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano flavorings.
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup of Kraft Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil ** I used a couple of dashes of dried basil
- Heat dressing in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, peppers, and garlic; cover. Cook ten minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally and turning chicken after 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add canned tomatoes and water to skillet. Stir in rice; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cheese, chopped tomatoes, and basil.
- Return chicken to skillet; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted.