I know the picture makes it look like slop, but it was soooo good! I LOVE buffalo chicken dip. My husband loves anything with with hot sauce on it. So when I found this recipe on Pinterest I knew that I had to try it! The recipe can be found here. If you love to eat buffalo chicken dip, you will really love this. I pretty much cut the recipe in half since I thought it would be a lot of food for the two of us and I am glad that I did.
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni uncooked. (I cooked half the box and that was still more pasta than I needed. I used about 3 cups of cooked macaroni)
- 24 ounces of chicken breasts cooked and shredded (I used two chicken breasts. To shred the chicken while it is warm put it in the kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment!)
- 2 1/2 cups of low-fat milk (I used 1 1/4 cups of milk)
- 1/4 cup of flour (I used about two tablespoons)
- 3 cups of sharp shredded cheddar cheese (I used about two cups. I LOVE cheddar cheese!)
- 8 ounces of buffalo wing sauce (I used about 1/2 a cup of Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder (I used 1/2 a teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (I used 1/2 a teaspoon)
- 1 cup of celery chopped (I forgot to buy some, so I didn't use any)
- Cook the macaroni in a pot of salted water according to the package directions.
- While your pasta is cooking, whisk the milk and flour together in a bowl.
- Pour it into a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the chicken, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and buffalo sauce. Cook until the cheese melts.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the chicken mixture with the celery.
This recipe did not mention baking it in the oven so we ate it right out of the pot and it was great!