I found this recipe here. I was looking for something to serve my boys for their North Pole Breakfast. This was simple to make and delicious. I only made one candy cane. The original recipe makes two.
For the cake and filling
- 2 packages of crescent rolls
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 a can of cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
3 teaspoons of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, lay out the crescent rolls from 1 can to form the shape of the candy cane.
- Next combine the cream cheese, egg, and vanilla.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the candy cane.
- Then put the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Finally cut strips out of the remaining crescent rolls and lay over the candy cane.
I used the cream cheese mixture and pie filling in the remaining crescent rolls and made these