- 1 tube (16 1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup of finely crushed peppermint candy canes (about 8 regular candy canes)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line one or two large baking sheets with nonstick foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, knead together the cookie dough, 1/4 cup of the crushed candy canes, and flour until combined.
- Break off a level teaspoon of dough and roll into a 4 1/2 to 5 inch long rope. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, spacing ropes at least 1 inch apart. Repeat until entire sheet is full. Cover dough and refrigerate in between batches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, until puffed and just beginning to color. Do not over bake. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool. Repeat using all of the dough.
- To form a glaze, stir together confectioners' sugar and 4 teaspoons of water until smooth. Brush the glaze over sticks and sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy. Let dry completely.