I found this recipe here. These were not that hard to make. It sort of reminded me of Crack Chicken Dip.
For the meatballs
- 1 pound of ground chicken or turkey
- 2 ounces of cream cheese that is softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
For the sauce
Blue Cheese Dressing - For dipping
- 1/2 stick (4 ounces) of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. The mixture will be very sticky and gooey.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch balls. (Next time I want to try and use a cookie scooper)
- Place them on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While they are baking make the sauce.
- Combine the Frank's and the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Then stir.
- After 10 minutes, remove the meatballs from the oven and dunk carefully into the sauce. I used a spoon to scoop them up and place in the sauce.
- Place each meatball back onto the cookie sheet and bake another 12 minutes.
- If there is leftover sauce I poured it onto the meatballs for the last 3 minutes of baking.
- I ate mine with blue cheese dressing.