I found this recipe on Pinterest. You can find the original source here. They have a great video on how to make it. This recipe was very simple. It took only a few ingredients and was easy to prepare. When my husband ate, he made a comment about it being restaurant quality! It was that good! I did put aluminum foil over the dish about half way through. I also pounded the chicken breasts thin. I also didn't really measure out the sauce or the cheese. I just dumped on what I wanted to. Which is what was so great about this recipe is that you didn't need to measure..This one will be made again and again....
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed (I used my Martha Stewart Zoom Garlic Press - Which I love!!)
- hot red pepper flakes to taste (I only used a little bit, but probably won't use any next time.)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used two that I pounded thin and we were able to share one.)
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil (I just sprinkled some dried basil on top)
- 8 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
- 4 ounces of Parmesan, grated
- 1 (5ounce) package of garlic croutons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the olive oil in a baking dish along with the garlic. Spread it around the bottom of the dish.
- Next sprinkle in the red pepper flakes.
- Put the chicken in the baking dish.
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken.
- Then sprinkle the basil on top of the sauce.
- Next sprinkle 4 ounces of the mozzarella and 2 ounces of the Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the croutons on top of the cheese.
- Finally pour the rest of the cheeses on top of the croutons.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until it is 155 degrees and Enjoy.