I saw this recipe on the FoodNetwork. They looked so yummy I had to try them. These are my new favorite cookie!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips)
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter, sugars, eggs. and vanilla until smooth.
- In a different bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix.
- Next mix in the chocolate chips.
- Put large tablespoons of dough onto each baking sheet.
- Wet your hands and roll the dough into balls. Make sure the dough is two inches apart.
- Bake 12-16 minutes. Cookies should still look soft in the center.
- Move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.