Magic Bars are one of my all time favorite desserts. I loved these as a kid when my mom would bake them. So when I saw this Christmas version I knew I had to make them! I found the recipe here. I love magic bars because not only do they taste great, they are also very easy to make.
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) melted
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup of holiday or regular chocolate chips (divide into 1/2 cup portions)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (I always use walnuts)
- 1 cup of holiday or regular M&M's (divide into 1/2 cup portions)
- 1 1/2 cups of flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the melted butter in a 13 X 9 pan.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter, and press lightly.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate chops, 1/2 of the M&M's and the nuts over the sweetened condensed milk layer.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top, followed by the remaining chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- Allow the magic bars to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!