These were so simple and cute. You could customize the sprinkles for any holiday.
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 bag (10oz) of Hershey's Kisses
- Christmas sprinkles to roll balls of dough into
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add peanut butter mixture.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls.
- Roll in sprinkles.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While cookies are baking remove foil wrappers from kiss candy.
- Immediately place kisses on top of each cookie after baking and press down slightly.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.