This recipe is from my mother's cook book. She has no idea the source of the recipe.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of sour milk - to make sour milk add 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the sugar (not the brown sugar), oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Next add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sour milk. Mix together.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the batter in the pan.
- Then pour the remaining batter on top. Use a spoon to swirl together for a marble effect.
- Bake for 55 minutes.