This was yet another recipe that I found on Pinterest. The original site is here. One word to describe this bread is WOW! We loved it! It was perfect as a sweet breakfast bread and also a snack at night, okay anytime of the day! I can't wait to make this again. This bread did not last long in our house! Another great thing about this bread is that all the ingredients are things that you probably already have on hand.
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the following ingredients in a large bowl - flour, baking powder, salt, and one cup of sugar.
- Add the egg, milk, and oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan.
- Then sprinkle the batter in the pan with cinnamon and 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Cover with the remaining batter.
- Top with more cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Next remove it to a wire rack so it can cool completely.
- Wrap in foil and let it sit overnight before slicing. (I so didn't have the ability to wait and dug right in and it was amazing.)