We just bought this deep fryer. We have had fun trying out new recipes in it. I found this recipe here. We made a few changes to the original recipe.
- 1/2 cup of of orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 8 large peeled raw shrimp
- Add all of the dipping sauce ingredients to a pot on a low temperature. Heat for ten minutes making sure you stir it every few minutes.
- Heat the oil to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the water and whisk until smooth. Let the batter stand for 15 minutes.
- On a large plate toss the coconut and bread crumbs together.
- Put the shrimp into the batter. Remove them one at a time, and dredge them in the coconut mixture. Press the shrimp to adhere the coconut.
- Fry the shrimp in the hot oil for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Serve the shrimp with the dipping sauce and enjoy!