The cake is a Betty Crocker Mix.
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon of clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl often.
- Next add the milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Color the frosting different colors. I used a star tip to get the cupcakes to look like that.