I had a lot of coconut leftover from Christmas so I decided to Google and find a recipe to use it in. This is the recipe that I found. This cake has a strong flavor of almond.
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 3/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Next add the sweetened condensed milk and mix for only a few seconds.
- Then add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until the flour is mixed in (don?t over mix).
- Next add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add the extracts and shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 70 ? 80 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (My cake only needed 60 minutes)
- If the top of the pound cake looks like it?s browning too quickly, place a piece of foil over it for the remainder of its time in the oven.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then finish cooling it on a wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature