This recipe is from this website http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cornmeal-Oven-Fried-Chicken.aspx It can also be found on page 33 of the Feb./March 2009 issue of Taste of Home. I used a pack of chicken drumsticks instead of
- 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons of dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 package of chicken drumsticks (remove the skin for a healthier meal)
- 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together the first nine ingredients.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the buttermilk,
- Place the chicken in the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Put the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken for 10 minutes; drizzle the chicken with butter. Bake the chicken 30-40 minutes longer or until juices run clear.