Cream Puff Dough Ingredients
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
Cream Puff Dough Filling Ingredients
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Grease and flour large cookie sheet.
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of butter until butter melts and mixture boils.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add 1 cup all-purpose flour all at once; with wooden spoon, vigorously stir until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Add four large eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with wooden spoon after each addition until batter is smooth and satiny.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons, pushing off with rubber spatula.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- Turn off oven. Let cream puffs remain in oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- With a long serrated knife, slice cream puffs in half.
- 1 cup of heavy or whipping cream
- 1 package of vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling for four servings
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy or whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, prepare instant pudding as label directs, but use only 1 1/4 cups milk.
- With rubber spatula or wire whisk, gently fold whipped cream and almond extract into vanilla pudding.
- Spoon whipped-cream mixture into each cream puff.