Yet another recipe that I found on Pinterest. Chicken and cheese, what is not to love? This was easy to make and so delicious. The original recipe can be found here. There are great step by step photos. I made a small change in advance. I bought cream of chicken soup with herbs. I was in a hurry at the grocery store and that is what I found. This meal came out so delicious! I will be making this again! I used three chicken breasts. Next time I will cut the amount of cheese down to 2 cups and the Ritz crackers to one sleeve as I had a bit of leftovers. If you cut the chicken into smaller chunks I think this would make a great appetizer.
For the chicken
For the sauce
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 10 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 chunks. (Next time I might pound the breasts thin and not cut them)
- Grind up the Ritz crackers in a food processor.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. (Next time I will just put the cheese and cracker crumbs into one large bowl-save on dishes!)
- Put the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture to combine.
- Dip each piece of the chicken into the milk and then into the cheese.
- Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers.
- Next put the chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in.
- Lay the chicken into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small or medium sized pot combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter with a whisk.
- Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is hot. Serve the sauce over the chicken and enjoy a fabulous meal!