This recipe is from Kraft Foods http://kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=50219
Prep: 5 minutes Total: 50 minutes
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (I did not include this when I made it)
- 1/2 cup of green peppers, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
I also used sour cream which is not in the recipe
- Brown the meat in a large skillet on medium heat; drain. Add the onions and peppers; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes (I squeezed the tomatoes when placing in the pan so they were not so large), tomato sauce, and chili powder; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cheese onto the bottom of each of 6 soup bowls; top with chili and remaining cheese. You could also add sour cream.