I was in search of a cake like blueberry muffin loaded with blueberries. I finally found it! You can find the recipe here.These were delicious. My 3 year old who helped me bake them couldn't wait to eat one as soon as they were ready. I must say that they are excellent hot straight out of the oven or even after they have cooled off.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh or thawed frozen blueberries (I used fresh)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup whole, 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixer use the paddle attachment to cream the butter until smooth.
- Then add 1 cup of the sugar and mix.
- Next add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix.
- In a shallow bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the back of a fork. Add to the batter and mix.(I did not do this as I have done it in a different recipe and did not care for the results)
- With the mixer at low speed, add 1/2 of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk, and mix.
- Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Fold in the remaining 1 3/4 cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon.
- Use a cookie scoopor a large spoon to fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar over the muffins and bake until golden brown and risen, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan at least 30 minutes before turning out.