Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken
By kml9876 | Published on Tuesday February 19, 2013 | Categories: Food | Main Entree
I came across this recipe on Pinterest. It can be found here. I enjoyed this, but did not care for the nutmeg in it. I decided that the next time I make it I would leave out the nutmeg and make some other changes. Overall this was pretty good.
4 large chicken breasts (I used a package of 3)
- 2 cup flour
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 Eggs
- 8 Tablespoons of water
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet to pound the meat to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sift together the ingredients for the dredge mix. This mixture is enough for two batches of chicken so you can either cut the recipe in half or save the other half of the mix for next time.
- Make the egg wash by whisking together the egg and water.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Next dip the meat in the flour and spice mixture.
- Dip each breast into the egg wash and then a final time into the flour and spice mixture. Press the mixture into the meat.
- Heat a skillet with about a half inch of canola oil. Use medium heat. Fry for about 4 or 5 minutes per side until they are golden brown and crispy.
- To make the honey garlic sauce cook the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat. Cook to soften the garlic, but not to brown it.
- Then add the honey, soy sauce, and black pepper. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Drain the chicken on a wire rack before dipping the cooked breasts into the honey garlic sauce. This would be great served with rice
Article: Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken
Categories: Food | Main Entree
Description: A sweet and crunchy way to eat chicken
Relevant Website: http://www.nlrockrecipes.com/2012/04/doube-crunch-honey-garic-chicken.html