The recipe for the frosting can be found here.
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon of clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl often.
- Next add the milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
To decorate the cupcakes I used a store bought chocolate egg. I used the grass tip on some cupcakes and the 1M on the other ones.