I found myself with some bananas that were on their way out. So I searched the web for a recipe that contained ingredients I had on hand. This was one of the few recipes I found that did not contain sour cream. An ingredient that I didn't have on hand. It does contain Miracle Whip, which I thought was a little strange. I decided to try it anyways. I was not disappointed. This bread was so moist and delicious. I had friends over and the whole loaf was pretty much devoured. I found the recipe here.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip Dressing
- 1-1/3 cups mashed fully ripe bananas (I used 3 bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (I did not have any but the bread was still amazing)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg, the miracle whip, and the bananas in a large bowl with a whisk until it is well blended.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in another bowl.
- Add this mixture to the banana mixture.Stir until just moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove from the pan to a wire rack and cool completely.