I was making braided pizza rolls the other night for dinner and had a loaf for frozen bread dough. I found this recipe here as a way of using up the dough.
- 1 loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (I did not add any)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon)
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 2/3 cup of sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- dash of vanilla
- Roll the dough into a rectangle, about 18x6 inches.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Combine the brown sugar, chopped nuts, and cinnamon; sprinkle over the dough.
- Starting at long edge, roll the dough up, jelly roll fashion; moisten edges and seal.
- Cut the roll into 20 slices. Place rolls, cut side down, into two lightly buttered round cake pans.
- Let rise for about 1 1/2 hours, until doubled.
- Pour the cream over the rolls then bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla, adding more sugar or milk if necessary. Drizzle over the rolls while still warm.