I pretty much never have a loaf of bread in the house, but today I did. It was just regular white bread. I used the recipe here.
I bet it would be really amazing with a better bread.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cups of milk or half and half (I used milk)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 8 slices of bread
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a flat-bottomed pie plate or baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or on a griddle.
- Place the bread slices, one or two at a time, into the egg mixture and flip to make sure both sides of bread are well-coated.
- Put the bread slices in a skillet or on a griddle. Cook on medium heat until the bread is golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes.