I had never even eaten Mexican street corn, but it sounded interesting. My husband and I both enjoyed this! I found the recipe here.
4 ears of corn
¼ cup of Cacique® Crema Mexican Agria Sour Cream (you can also use regular sour cream)
¼ cup of mayonnaise
½ cup of Cacique® Cotija cheese, crumbled
2 cloves of garlic, crushed (or finely minced)
¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
Juice and zest of 1 lime (I just used lime juice from a bottle)
1/4 cup of Cilantro, finely chopped
½ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
1. Heat the grill to 400 degrees.
2. You can grill the corn with the husks on or off. We went without the husks to allow for grill marks on the ears of corn.
3. For husks on the corn let the corn soak in water for 10 minutes before you grill. For husks off lightly spray each ear with cooking spray.
4. Place the corn on the grill and grill for 12 minutes. Turn the ears of corn 1/4 every 3 minutes.
5. While the corn is cooking mix the ingredients for the sauce. Stir together the sour cream, mayo, cheese, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro.
6. Generously top each ear of corn with the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the chili powder and top with extra cojita cheese and cilantro.