I saw this recipe on this site http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/?p=1251
Just looking at the photos of these cookies I knew that I had to try them. Let me just say that these cookies do not disappoint! They are the biggest cookie I have ever baked with the exception of a cookie cake. These were so delicious! My husband had a one word description for them "Epic!" I must agree these are Epic Chocolate Chip Cookies! I made these cookies using Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips. I have a thing for milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet.
8 oz (2 sticks) of unsalted butter (very cold and shredded with your food processor- Note I did not have very much luck shredding it in my fp and they still came out fabulous!)
3/4 cups of granulated sugar
3/4 cups of packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon sea salt (I did not have any and used regular table salt)
1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
12oz quality semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used a 12 oz bag of Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips - no chopping required)
1 cup of walnuts, chopped (I did not add these to the cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Next beat the cold butter and both of the sugars until they are just combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat just until incorporated.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Then add it to the mixing bowl. Mix until just blended.
- Then add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Finally divide the dough into 12 balls, about 4 oz each. Place onto an ungreased baking pan.
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 18-22 minutes or until browned. Let the cookies cool completely on the pans before moving.