Article: French Toast
Description: A quick and easy way to make French Toast
- 6 slices of your favorite bread
- melted butter for the griddle
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
as we were finishing dinner one evening we had some leftover italian bread. my husband said i should use it to make french toast in the morning. i thought that it was a brilliant idea. the only problem was finding a recipe that did not use milk as we were all out. i came across this recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giadas-weekend-getaways/french-toast-recipe/index.html
instead of the challah bread i used our italian. i also cut the recipe in half since it was just the two of us.
- heat the griddle to 350 degrees. butter the griddle.
- combine the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a shallow dish.
- dip the slice of bread into the mixture and allow to soak on both sides.
- cook on the griddle. the recipe called for 3 minutes per side but i found that the italian bread needed a bit more time per side.
Relevant Website: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giadas-weekend-getaways/french-toast-recipe/index.html