I found this recipe on page 151 in the May 2012 issue of Food Network Magazine. It can also be found here. Let me start off by saying that I love strawberry margaritas. I thought I would give these a try though. All I can say is that these are amazing! It does take a bit of prep work, but you will be rewarded!
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/4 cups of orange liqueur (Triple Sec)
- 1 1/4 cups of fresh lime juice ( About 6-7 limes)
- 2/3 cup of superfine sugar (I just put regular granulated sugar in the food processor)
- 2 ounces Tequila per drink (I only use 1 1/2 ounces per drink)
- Mix the water, the orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and the superfine sugar. (I mix mine in a large glass measuring cup. It makes it easy to then pour the mixture into ice cube trays.)
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for at least 6 hours. (You should get about 32 ice cubes)
- For each drink puree 6-7 margarita ice cubes with two ounces of tequila in a blender. With the motor running add 6-7 regular ice cubes, one at a time, until slushy. (I use my sno cone machine. I put the regular ice cubes in and shave it into a tall glass. Then I throw in the margarita ice cubes and the tequila. I mix it up with a spoon. It makes a great slushy drink and then I just throw it in the dishwasher.)
- Pour into glasses.