One of my favorite shows is Extreme Weight Loss with Chris Powell and his wife Heidi. I follow them on Facebook and Heidi shared this recipe. It was very tasty and good for you too! Here is the link to her original recipe. I ended up cutting up my chicken breasts in the pan because they were thick and taking awhile to cook. Next time I plan to use my meat scissors and cut the chicken into small pieces before I put them in the zip loc bag.
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons of butter
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of low sodium chicken broth (I used regular chicken broth)
1 ½ tablespoons of lime juice
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of paprika
½ teaspoon of garlic powder
¼ teaspoon of onion powder
¼ teaspoon of thyme (I was all out of thyme so I did not put any in)
- Mix the seasonings together in a large zip-loc baggie.
- Then add the chicken breasts to the bag, seal, and mix around until all chicken is well coated with seasoning.
- Next add the butter and olive oil to pan and melt.
- Then add the chicken and cook on both sides until done. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Then put in the skillet the ime juice and broth.
- Using a whisk, mix the liquids and browned bits off pan bottom and sides. Continue cooking until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Finally add the chicken back to the pan, coating with the sauce. Then serve.