This recipe can be found here.It is also located on page 16 of the October/November 2010 issue of Taste of Home Simple & Delicious.
The recipe was very easy to make and was very unique in taste. The meat was pretty much falling apart as I took it out of the crock pot. I added some baby carrots in the crock pot and they came out delicious.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (I used half of an onion)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) of beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- Cut the roast in half and sprinkle it with pepper.
- Put the sliced onion and the roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Then in a small bowl, combine the beer, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Next pour this over the top of the roast.
- Then cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.(I had a smaller roast and cooked it for 7 hours)
- Next remove the meat to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Then skim the fat from the cooking juices and transfer it to a small saucepan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Then combine the flour and water until smooth and gradually stir it into the pan.
- Finally bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir occasionally.