The original recipe can be found here. This is such an easy and simple way to make tacos without having to buy a prepackaged mix from the store. I love knowing all the ingredients that are going into our tacos. My husband wraps it up in a lettuce leaf. I made mine into a taco salad.
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (I sometimes use regular table salt)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Mix together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container until ready to use. (I keep mine in a zip loc bag)
- Brown your beef and drain off fat.
- When you are ready to use use your taco seasoning, use about 2 tablespoons per 1 pound of meat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the meat and add 1/3 cup of water. Simmer until the water is adsorbed.