Article: How To Make A Deep Dish Pizza
Categories: Main Entree | Appetizers
Description: A fabulous and easy way to make pizza
Text: i have altered it slightly
- 2 packages dry yeast ("quick rise")
- 2 cups of warm water (90 degrees)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal
- 5 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 package of pepperoni or the "topping" of your choice
- 1 lb of sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 28 oz can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- in a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water.
- add the vegetable oil, olive oil, the cornmeal, and three cups of the flour.
- beat for ten minutes.
- add the dough hook and mix in the rest of the flour.
- knead for 10-15 minutes.
- put the dough onto a plastic counter top or cutting board and cover it with a very large metal bowl.
- allow the dough to rise until double in bulk.
- punch down and allow to rise again.
- punch down again.
- oil two large round deep dish pans or cake pans. i used two 9 inch springform pans.
- divide the dough between the pans.
- put a little olive oil on your fingers and press and push the dough to the edge and up the sides of each pan.
- the dough should be 1/8 inch throughout.
- layer the mozzarella cheese all over the bottom of the pies.
- next place the tomatoes into a bowl and crush/squeeze with your hands.
- then add the basil, oregano, garlic powder, pepperoni (i saved some to place on top of the cheese) and a dash of salt.
- pour the filling into the pans.
- cover with more mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- drizzle olive oil over the top.
- bake for 35-40 minutes.
this recipe comes from this sitedirections