Article: How To Make Island Jerk Chicken
Categories: Main Entree
Description: A tropical chicken dish
this recipe is from taste of home healthy cooking april/may 2008 page 17. i have altered the original. directions
- 3/4 cup of water
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of hot pepper sauce
- 4 teaspoons of ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg
- 1 package of skinless boneless chicken breasts
- in a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for ten minutes. cool to room temperature.
- pour the of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- coat the grill rack with cooking spray. drain and discard the marinade. grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.