This recipe comes from Kraftfoods.com
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) elbow macaroni (1-3/4 cups), cooked, drained
- Preheatthe oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the flour and salt; mix well.
- Cook the mixture for 2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of the cheese; cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- Add macaroni; mix lightly.
- Pour into 1-1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake20 minutes or until heated through.