This is the first thing I made in my instant pot. My husband really liked it, but I felt like the sauce could be richer. I found the recipe here.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 pound of dry Fettuccini noodles
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese shredded
- fresh basil
1. Press the saute button on the instant pot. Heat the olive oil until the display says "HOT".
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the pot to brown. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pot and place on a plate.
3. Melt the butter in the pot and stir in the minced garlic. Cook for less than 1 minute stirring constantly.
4. Pour in the cream. Bring the cream and the garlic to a simmer while scraping the bottom of the pot with a spatula. Simmer for 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Add in broth, salt, and nutmeg.
5. Break the dry noodles in half and place into the pot. Make sure that all of the noodles are covered by the sauce. Then place the chicken on top.
6. Cover the Instant Pot and set it to cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
7.When it is finished cooking allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure about 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove the chicken and slice and return to the pot. Add in the cheese and basil.