So during Amazon Prime Day we finally bought an Instant Pot. I found this recipe here.
This recipe was very simple to throw into the pot and cook. My husband and I both thought it needed some extra flavoring. He added Frank's Red Hot Sauce. To mine I added some fresh cilantro. I used Rotel Mild, so next time I would try a more intense Rotel. We both loved this dinner. You could easily make some rice to go along with it.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10 ounce can of Rotel tomatoes
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of broth
- 1 1/2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Place the chicken in a single layer in the bottom of the instant pot.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken and then the salt and pepper.
3. Pour the broth over the chicken.
4. Pour a can of Rotel tomatoes evenly over the chicken.
5. Place the cream cheese on top of the the chicken.
6. Put the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to Sealing.
7. Set it to manual for 15 minutes. When it is finished cooking allow it to release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Then turn the valve to finish letting it out.
8. Take off the lid and stir the ingredients.
9. Next add in the cheese and stir.
10. Serve over rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro for some extra flavor.