I found this recipe on page 55 of the April/May 2010 issue of Taste of Home Healthy Cooking. It can also be found here.
I am not usually a big fan of wraps of any kind, especially wheat. I love my white bread and rolls! I occasionally try to cook healthy. So I was eager to try this recipe. One roll up equals 271 calories with 8 grams of fat. These were very easy to make. This would be a perfect meal on a hot summer night when you don't want to heat up the kitchen.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches) at room temperature
- 6 slices of deli turkey
- 3 ounces of Havarti cheese, cut into six slices
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 thin slices red onion, separated into rings (I did not put these on the wraps as we do not care for raw onions)
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder until smooth.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla.
- Layer each tortilla with a slice of turkey and cheese.
- Top the cheese with the remaining ingredients.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly and secure with toothpicks.